Ok so, having three kids is no joke, I thought I was a badass running around town with two kids, throw an infant in there and i’m literally loosing my shit! I feel like I have to have my house with me “just in case” ya know? So I decided I’d put together a list of items I’m carrying in my diaper bag/ things I’m loving for Esme. My youngest has just turned two months old so I’m in the thick of it y’all! All I have to say is that if you have 3 or more kids… you’re the real MVP! I’m only two months in and I’m just starting to get the hang of it.
1. Diapers, ah yes, just when I thought I was done with all that… well, here we are. I love Honest Company diapers and other products. Seriously, they’re ridiculously cute and they’re the best quality. I’ve bought the other brands and I have to say that these have been the best. I also love that Honest delivers “bundles” to your door. The bundles are a combination of diapers and wipes that you set an automatic delivery date and voila, they’re there. One less trip to the store.
2. Spray Hand Sanitizer- Again, I love this one. The Orange scent smells like a creamcicle! I should literally have this as a necklace around my neck since I’m spraying us 24/7. You know how people say that after your first you’re not so bothered by germs and what not… well no, that’s not me. If anything, I’ve gotten worse with the germs. (Insert eye roll here)
3. My diaper bag- Oh lord, I love this damn Jujube backpack. I’ve had it since my 3 year olds birth. It’s gone cross country, theme parks, parks all over Los Angeles and San Antonio and I’m still rocking that baby. We’ll be using long after the kids are grown up. The materials are great and it has so many compartments and if your going to carry all the shit that I do, this is just right.
4. When I first got this nasal aspirator for my three year old’s baby shower, I had no clue what this contraption was. It fits perfectly on your little ones nose to create suction and it’s easy to clean. Forget the gross bulb syringe you get from the doctor, this is where it’s at! I like taking this guy with me bc my little one gets these giant boogies in her little nosey and I’m a picker so I’m quick to attack. Not to mention we’re in Texas… those who live here will get it.
5. Muslin Swaddles– These are great because they’re so much larger than regular swaddling blankets. I use them for EVERYTHING. Nursing cover, burping cloth, cover up from the sun, laying the baby on and covering her of course. They’re light enough for warmer weather and warm enough for cold.
6. Avent Glass Bottles– With Esme, I’m trying to veer away from using plastic for feeding. I’ve used Avent with my other children and like them so I was happy to continue using the product in glass. I only use 3- 8oz bottles and 3- 4oz bottles. It’s just enough. I freeze breast milk for day’s we’re out and If I can’t nurse, we bottle feed.
7. My baby carrier goes everywhere with me. Some days you’ll even catch me wearing it at home to give my other two kids a bath or to just have hands available. I had this carrier with my previous birth and I wore that baby out and felt I wanted to use it again. It’s the first model and most wallet friendly I found. Also, my last two babies were small at birth and it works well for premie sized little ones. I also have a Boba Wrap that I leave at home for the most part. These are lifesavers!
8. SNACKS!!! My kids are serial snackers/ grazers. Snacks are my go to bribe or meltdown diffuser. I ALWAYS have snacks on me. Not just fish cracker’s obviously. We do granola bars, apple sauce, yogurt, fruit and so on, shit, sometimes I have them all! I can’t leave home without them.
9. Extra clothes- ALL my kids have extra clothes in the backpack because well, shit happens. I like to have at least underwear and bottoms for all the kids at the very least . Sometimes I’ll even keep it in my trunk.
That’s just what I’m holding on to these days. Of course depending on where we’re going or what were doing, items change. What are some things you guys can’t leave home without? I love to hear/ see what other people have to have. Let me know, I’m looking forward to hearing from you!